[U-Boot-Users] Proposal for patch to configure network parameters

Timur Tabi timur at freescale.com
Sat Apr 21 01:03:43 CEST 2007

Wolfgang Denk wrote:

> Actually these parameters  (and  more,  like  MAC  addresses)  should
> *never* be set at all in the U-Boot configuration. They exist for (1)
> hysterical  reasons  I'm  not  going to explain, and (2) because some
> (paying!) customer insisted on having such a feature.

Could you post a list of configuration parameters that you'd rather not see in a board
header file?  When I created MPC8349ITX.h, I just followed the example of other 83xx
boards.  I defined the network CONFIG_ options, because I thought that a flash-default
setting would be useful.

--
Timur Tabi
Linux Kernel Developer @ Freescale