[U-Boot-Users] Proposal for a make option to include an additional stand alone program directory

Timur Tabi timur at freescale.com
Thu Apr 26 20:44:30 CEST 2007

Jeff Mann wrote:
> U-Boot Users:
>
> I want to add a featue to the makefile configuration so that a user can
> compile u-boot including a directory that gets compiled as a stand alone
> program. I propose that users can enter a directory when configuring the
> board, for example
>
> make BOARD_config SA=my_stand_alone_prog_dir

I like this idea, but can't you already do this in the Makefile, but just adding stuff to
the rule for BOARD_config?

For the MPC8349E-mITX, Freescale's BSP ships with a closed-source binary firmware for the
5-port Ethernet switch.  It would be great if the denx.de version of U-Boot could
automatically add support for this binary if it existed in the development tree.  The idea
would be that u-boot.bin would include this binary.

--
Timur Tabi
Linux Kernel Developer @ Freescale