[U-Boot-Users] u-boot for Vertex4-based board.

mikeIngle findmike62 at comcast.net
Mon Apr 30 01:11:21 CEST 2007

Leonoid,

I am working on a similar project:
   Avnet Virtex 4 mini-module configured with
      MPMC2 to 64Mb of x16 DDR
      OPB EMC to 4Mb x16 linear flash
      OPB to UARTLITE
      PLB to TEMAC

I also would like uartlite and temac drivers for both u-boot and linux
2.6.xx.
Where did you get to?
I am also considering the GSRD, but right now I just want to get a
bootloader working

My boot sequence (planned)
step 1
Hardware and initial bootloader (executing from BRAM, later from cache ALA
Ultra Controller?) placed in platform flash
Load U-boot to memory, or jump to U-boot in flash?

step 2
Load linux image from either flash or from TFTP server

What is assumed by the existing drivers in terms of interrupts and DMA?

Mike