[U-Boot-Users] uboot custodian question

ksi at koi8.net ksi at koi8.net
Thu Aug 2 06:39:07 CEST 2007

On Wed, 1 Aug 2007, Nishanth Menon wrote:

> ksi at koi8.net stated on 8/1/2007 12:00 PM:
>> Hey, any chances that TI DaVinci will come into the main tree until
> it's
>> too
>> late for this release? Patches won't be accepted after August 19th or
> so
>> according to the new release schedule...
>>
> I think there'd be some amount of work to do before we can get davinci
> and other OMAP platforms (2430,3430) in the system.. I am CCying davinci
> list for their opinions and contributions if any..

What work? It's been 3 months since I've submitted patches for fully working
U-Boot on TMS320DM6446  platform. I do already have some patches to those
patches. We do run it for something like 6 months on various boards. What
work are you talking about, man?

I'm really really angry, nobody seems to care... What else should I do to
get the _PERFECTLY WORKING_ port into the main tree? What's the problem?

I do also have an initial bootloader that allows to program a virgin system
and makes it boot off of NAND and NOR Flash. Without Windo$e and without
that stupid dotnet or whatever. What else should I do? Fall to my knees and
beg? Bribe someone?

It looks like some kind of omerta here... I do _NOT_ need any opinions or
contributions from any list, I submitted a fully working port :(

---