[U-Boot-Users] UART test in the Uboot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Aug 3 22:16:18 CEST 2007

In message <CE54F2377C0FB8439A290BF5A88BF13D057E3F05 at CHN-HCLT-EVS01.HCLT.CORP.HCL.IN> you wrote:

> Can anyone explain me what is done in POST for UART (in the file uart.c
> in post directory of uboot).

There is no file post/uart.c in the U-Boot  source  tree.  There  are
cpu/mpc8xx/uart.c and cpu/ppc4xx/uart.c - which one are you referring
to?

> Or how the testing is done in that code?

May I repeat my request that you read  the  code?  The  comments  are
pretty  clear  to  me.  Please  explain  which  specific parts of the
comments or code are not clear enough.

> I am using PSC (Programmable Serial Controller) as UART, so how can I
> modify the code for that.

You cannot. You will have to write a new test driver.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"Bureaucracy is the enemy of innovation."
       - Mark Shepherd, former President and CEO of Texas Instruments