[U-Boot-Users] TI DaVinci merge, was: uboot custodian question

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Aug 3 22:28:30 CEST 2007

In message <Pine.LNX.4.64ksi.0708031052420.23796 at home-gw.koi8.net> you wrote:

> Sure. But it is not possible because if I had a new patchset posted it will
> get outdated again because I doubt it would be processed in less than 6
> months or so. So let's get _something_ in first than I'll be able to clean
> it up.

U-Boot development process has changed significantly in hte last  few
months.  But to work quick and easy it requires that you adapt to the
methods and tools used in this process.

> > - There are some #if 0 and #if 1 throughout the code. I think Peter
> > would
> > like to see this fixed.
>
> I will. But let's get something in first. Otherwise it won't get in ever.
> That only has 2 typedefs for register and pointer to register. Yes, I can
> get rid of those but that would be just cosmetic. Again, let's get something
> in then I'll fix cosmetics.

It seems you misunderstand how this patch review process  works.  You
are  supposed  to  fix  your  patches  according  to the feedback you
receive, and then resubmit the cleaned up patches, until they can  be
merged  cleanly.  We  don't  want  to  add code that is known to need
fixing, even if somebody promises to clean up later.

Please clean up now and resubmit.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
The game of life is a game of boomerangs.  Our  thoughts,  deeds  and
words return to us sooner or later with astounding accuracy.