[U-Boot-Users] TI DaVinci merge, was: uboot custodian question

Woodruff, Richard r-woodruff2 at ti.com
Fri Aug 3 23:40:12 CEST 2007

> Clean up WHAT? Man, I'm on the verge now...
>
> The problem is there were _ABSOLUTELY NO_ feedback, just silence. I
> _WOULD_
> clean up or fix anything but there was _ABSOLUTELY NO_ , repeat
> _ABSOLUTELY
> NO_ feedback on that submission !!! I've just got "your patches are added
> the queue" from Peter and that's all.
>
> What feedback?! Who is reviewing those patches? It looks like you guys are
> desperately trying to find an excuse to NOT accept anything no matter how
> laughable that excuse is, pardon my French.

Well, watching and occasionally pushing fixes over the last several years, I've not observed the kind of thing you are venting about.

Generally, patch handling of large patches has been slow.  Fixes and incremental changes have happened at a reasonable rate.  Rate varies from project to project depending on demand. In an attempt to speed this up as Wolfgang doesn't scale the model changed recently.  The project has been quite beneficial for users so it's generally worth the effort.

I have many OMAP fixes and a few more boards which would be good to get in the tree. Part of why they are there was the delays and parts are our own fault. I try to see this pragmatically not bitterly.

Regards,
Richard W.