[U-Boot-Users] Microblaze: PULL request

Michal Simek monstr at seznam.cz
Sun Aug 5 18:34:59 CEST 2007

Grant,

>> I thought please pull these changes to u-boot testing branch not to
>> mainline.
>
> Even patches pulled into testing need to be reviewed.  Wolfgang does
> merge testing into mainline periodically after all.
>
>> > I don't think I've seen any of these changes posted on the list for
>> > review.  They need to be reviewed before being merged into mainline.
>> > Especially considering that some of the changes touch common code (not
>> > just microblaze).
>>
>> These files were send in ROMFS patch 23.June 07
>
> Heh, I even posted on that thread.  :)  Okay, I went back and took a
> look at this patch.  Mostly looks good, but I had a few comments.
> Take a read through and let me know what you think.

I know.

>> New files for supporting EMAC and EMACLITE interface. Old support files
>> are
>> in repository too.
>> I want to remove xilinx large files from U-Boot source tree. Emac driver
>> use
>> PPC405 core too (ml300 board).
>> I tested it for Microblaze CPU and you can test it for PPC405 and give me
>> respond.
>
> These patches I'm especially interested in.  I would like to review
> them before they are committed.

I know many developers needs these driver. For Microblaze I created
configuration file. You can download it at www.monstr.eu
Emac is supported without DMA support. I plan to add support for simple and
scatter gather DMA too.
I will wait for your review.

>> We were talking about at the end of March.
>>
>> Little name changes - because xuartlite serial interface isn't only one
>> which can be use with Microblaze CPU.
>> I think that can be helpful for PPC405 embedded core too that can use
>> uartlite serial interface.
>
> Fair enough, but you should still post.
>
>> cmd_mfsl consist of only Microblaze dependent commands.
>
> ditto
>

>>  Microblaze dependent files
>
> Again, this stuff should hit the list before merging.  If there are no
> comments, then as microblaze custodian, you have discretion to add
> them to the microblaze tree and get them merged, but they should still
> hit the list *first* in case there are comments.

OK. I will be good guy. If you want I will send all changes to mailing list.
Microblaze changes are really cosmetic.

Michal Simek