[U-Boot-Users] MAKEALL patch

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Aug 5 21:54:42 CEST 2007

In message <001301c7d76f$fd1d5c50$0500a8c0 at monstrone> you wrote:

> I think size utility do the same function as ppc_8xx-size.

It depends on the build options if it supports the target architecture
or not.

> I tried 4 cross tools and the result is the same. (Logs are below)
> And in man page you can find: "size can automatically recognize many
> formats" in --target option.

The "in --target option" is the important part here.

> >From my point of view is size utility better than error message.
> And I think that many developers use different cross tools than ppc_8xx-.

Which error message? If you set CROSS_COMPILE to any sane  value  for
your system, or set it to the empty string, no error will be caused.

Please show which error you are trying to fix.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
I have yet to add the ESP-driver to the kernel to read  the  mind  of
the user...                                       - Linus Torvalds in
      <Pine.LNX.3.91.960426110644.24860I-100000 at linux.cs.Helsinki.FI>