[U-Boot-Users] Doubt regarding bootm in Uboot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Aug 6 08:41:35 CEST 2007

In message <fa686aa40708052232w52f693d9o2a92ecdab67b3833 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> Wherever you want to load it.  u-boot will relocate it to the correct
> location after uncompressing the kernel uImage file.

Strictly speaking, U-boot *copies* the kernel to the correct  address
("relocate"  has  a  somewhat  different  meaning);  also, it does so
*while* uncompressing it, not after.

> So, when booting your Linux kernel that was built with ARCH=powerpc,
> you should pass three parameters to the bootm command.
> 1. address of the kernel
> 2. address of the (or '-' if you don't have one)

... address of the initial ramdisk image (or ...

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"We all agree on the necessity of compromise. We just can't agree  on
when it's necessary to compromise."
                - Larry Wall in  <1991Nov13.194420.28091 at netlabs.com>