[U-Boot-Users] [ARM] TI DaVinci (TMS320DM644x) support [2/5]

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Aug 6 20:41:26 CEST 2007

In message <46B75655.9030603 at googlemail.com> you wrote:

> > -		printk (KERN_DEBUG "Bad block table written to 0x%08x, version 0x%02X\n",
> > +		DEBUG(MTD_DEBUG_LEVEL0, "Bad block table written to 0x%08x, version 0x%02X\n",
> - Do we really need this? If yes, please check if you hit all "printk
> (KERN_DEBUG, .." statements. It looked to me that there was still one
> "printk (KERN_DEBUG, .." after applying your patch.

I object to these changes. It makes perfectly sense  to  print  these
messages  even  in production code. The suggested patch changes this,
as then the messages will ony be printed when debugging  is  enabled.
Also,  it  makes  comparing the driver against Linux kernel code (MTD
subsystem) much harder.

> (a) recent git fails compiling for me in drivers/bios_emulator

Feel free to use the version before the bios_emulator patcches were
merged in. This should not matter for these purposes.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
There's no sense in being precise  when  you  don't  even  know  what
you're talking about.                             -- John von Neumann