[U-Boot-Users] [ARM] TI DaVinci (TMS320DM644x) support [2/5]

ksi at koi8.net ksi at koi8.net
Mon Aug 6 21:31:45 CEST 2007

On Mon, 6 Aug 2007, Wolfgang Denk wrote:

> In message <46B75655.9030603 at googlemail.com> you wrote:
>>
>>> -		printk (KERN_DEBUG "Bad block table written to 0x%08x,
> version 0x%02X\n",
>>> +		DEBUG(MTD_DEBUG_LEVEL0, "Bad block table written to
> 0x%08x, version 0x%02X\n",
>> - Do we really need this? If yes, please check if you hit all "printk
>> (KERN_DEBUG, .." statements. It looked to me that there was still one
>> "printk (KERN_DEBUG, .." after applying your patch.
>
> I object to these changes. It makes perfectly sense  to  print  these
> messages  even  in production code. The suggested patch changes this,
> as then the messages will ony be printed when debugging  is  enabled.
> Also,  it  makes  comparing the driver against Linux kernel code (MTD
> subsystem) much harder.

Oh, that's just cosmetics... The entire code does not require those at all.
The only reason this was done is for getting rid of ugly debug display when
using NAND flash-based BBT... I will remove those, no problems. And we don't
use flash-based BBT anyway :)

>> (a) recent git fails compiling for me in drivers/bios_emulator
>
> Feel free to use the version before the bios_emulator patcches were
> merged in. This should not matter for these purposes.

OK, what about those CONFIG* changes? I can do them but I'm under intense
pressure right now so I don't have much time to spare -- 4 of my prototype
boards came in and have to bring 'em up and send a change list for a respin.

---