[U-Boot-Users] [ARM] TI DaVinci support, 2nd attempt [0/5]

Dirk Behme dirk.behme at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 7 19:40:20 CEST 2007

ksi at koi8.net wrote:
> On Tue, 7 Aug 2007, Dirk Behme wrote:
>> 1) As with your first set of patches, I can't get patch 2/5 and 4/5 get
>> apply cleanly. I get rejects needing manual resolve for everything
>> modifying already existing files. All files/patches adding new files
>> apply
>> cleanly.
>
> That is extremely strange because the entire patch is made against
> yesterday's git tree. I don't know, may be you guys have some other tree,
> but I made the patch against what I pulled yesterday.

Me too ;)

Seems that the tree version isn't the issue here.

There is some reformatting, either on your side while pasting the
patches into mail or at my side, while store. Not sure.

It looks to me that each line not starting with a '+' or not empty
gets an additonal ' ' (space). E.g. in patch 2/5 in file net/eth.c I have

   extern int ns7520_miiphy_initialize(bd_t *bis);
+extern int dm644x_eth_miiphy_initialize(bd_t *bis);

Note the *two* spaces before the first 'extern', while there should be
only one. Have to check if I can get patch to ignore this.

Best regards

Dirk