[U-Boot-Users] [GIT PULL] mpc83xx: reset status, 8360rev2.1 support, mpc8323erdb support, bugfixes

Jerry Van Baren gvb.uboot at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 17:21:13 CEST 2007

Kim Phillips wrote:
> Hello Wolfgang,
>
> Please pull the u-boot-testing.git tree.
>
> Then, please do a:
>
>         git pull git://www.denx.de/git/u-boot-mpc83xx.git mpc83xx
>
> to receive the following updates:

[snip]

> btw, I think there would be more testing work done if you applied
> patches directly to the main u-boot.git tree (bypassing
> u-boot-testing.git). I know it would save me (and others) the hassle
> of always having to merge it.
>
> Thanks,
> Kim

[snip]

Hi Wolfgang,

Have you done Kim's pull request yet?  I don't see any evidence of it.
Kim and I traded some patches back and forth, so I would prefer his repo
be pulled before -fdt so I can discover and fix any merge conflicts that
may occur due to my neophyte git techniques.

WRT Kim's question on the -testing repo, what is the order or
expectation for merges?  I've been expecting that the custodian repos
will be pulled directly into the main repo and have been doing my
pull/merges against that repo, not the testing repo.  If -testing is a
stepping stone, I need to include that in my pull/merge to resolve any
conflicts before they hit you.

Thanks,
gvb