[U-Boot-Users] sequoia link error

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Aug 9 22:16:19 CEST 2007

In message <46BB27C6.4020805 at chaintronics.com> you wrote:

> I'm new to u-boot and have some problem to compile it for the amcc
> sequoia board. Here is the error that shows up:
> powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu-ld: section .bootpg [00000000fffff000 ->
> 00000000fffff27b] overlaps section .bss [00000000fffe1600 ->
> 00000001000322ff]

... you are using a 64 bit toolchain.

> Any ideas? Would be very greatful for some help

This is a known problem. The  current  linker  sript  logic  silently
assumes  that  address  space will silently wrap around at the 32 bit
boundary. Not so when you use 64 bit tools. I don't think I have seen
a patch for this yet.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Der Dativ ist dem Genitiv sein Tod.