[U-Boot-Users] [ARM] TI DaVinci support, hopefully final [0/5]

Dirk Behme dirk.behme at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 10 17:26:49 CEST 2007

Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> In message <200708100625.35760.sr at denx.de> you wrote:
>
>>On Wednesday 08 August 2007, Dirk Behme wrote:
>>
>>>No, that's not a MontaVista specific issue. I have an other toolchain
>>>and it has similiar issues. Nor is it an ARM specific issue.
>>>
>>>nand_utils.c uses 64bit division, and if you use stuff from
>>>nand_utils.c you may get these issues. So solution is to make U-Boot
>>>independent from toolchain for 64bit division used in nand_utils.c as
>>>already done with other math helpers in lib_arm.
>>>
>>>Please apply
>>>
>>>http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.boot-loaders.u-boot/30484
>>>http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.boot-loaders.u-boot/30476
>>>
>>>as well.
>>
>>Acked-by: Stefan Roese <sr at denx.de>
>>
>>to both patches mentioned above.
>>
>>Wolfgang, could you please pick those up and apply directly? It's hard for me
>>to apply the nand patch only because it needs the do_div() first.
>
> Done.

Really? But not on u-boot.git? Or can you please recheck?

My local git top is "mpc83xx: fix ITX[GP] O=builddir builds", same with

http://www.denx.de/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=u-boot.git;a=summary

Compiling DaVinci patches on top of this recent git I still get the
64bit division errors. Looking into gitweb, div64.c is still in
lib_avr32 and  drivers /nand /nand_util.c was last touched at 2007-07-09.

Sorry if I missed anything.

Best regards

Dirk