[U-Boot-Users] USART on at91rm9200

Matt Gessner mgessner at Avidyne.com
Mon Aug 13 17:46:53 CEST 2007

works

> for me just fine (thanks Ulf). I have searched desperately through
mail

> archives for any known USART problems but with no avail. It would help

> me tremendously if you could test USART on your board (if you have

> physical connector it must be simple) just as usual RS232 and tell me

> whether it works. It can be useful for yourself if you ever consider

> using USARTs. And could you please send me your

> u-boot/cpu/arm920t/at91rm9200/serial.c file just in case?

Yes, I suppose I could send that file to you.  Give me a little time.

Are you certain you configured it properly?  Did you just tell u-boot to
use the USART for your output port?  Did you miss some configuration in
your boot setup (the code loaded into SRAM before you start) that might
be causing a problem?

> BTW, what USARTs (if any) are available on your board? At91rm9200-ek

> evaluation kit has USART1 connected to DB9 port.

I have all 4 USARTs and the DBGU port wired in.  They all work fine
under linux, but again, not under u-boot; the only port used is the DBGU
port under u-boot.

I'm a little curious why you aren't using the DBGU port?

Regards,

Matt