[U-Boot-Users] USART on at91rm9200

Leonid Leonid at a-k-a.net
Mon Aug 13 18:26:13 CEST 2007

To: Leonid; u-boot-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: RE: [U-Boot-Users] USART on at91rm9200

> Are you certain you configured it properly?  Did you just tell u-boot
to use the USART for your output port?  Did you miss some
> configuration in your boot setup (the code loaded into SRAM before you
start) that might be causing a problem?

This is always a possiblity, but I'm working with u-boot in general and
with this particular CPU for so long, I cannot think of something I have
really missed. All defines are in place, I even can get serial data on
USART output, but TX ready/ RX ready bits of CSR are not working
somehow.

> > BTW, what USARTs (if any) are available on your board? At91rm9200-ek
> > evaluation kit has USART1 connected to DB9 port.

> I have all 4 USARTs and the DBGU port wired in.  They all work fine
under linux, but again, not under u-boot; the only port used is
> the DBGU port under u-boot.

> I'm a little curious why you aren't using the DBGU port?

For my project I need some USART functionality DBGU doesn't have. For
the time being I just wanted to verify USARTs are working at all and
using them as serial ports on u-boot looked for me as a simplest test...
Probably I was wrong...

Regards,

Leonid.