[U-Boot-Users] Cleanup output of MPC83xx boards

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Aug 13 21:51:12 CEST 2007

Dear Kim,

in message <20070813135529.2e92d4ea.kim.phillips at freescale.com> you wrote:

> I can abbreviate the above to have the entire DRAM line show something
> like "DRAM: 64-bit, ECC off, 256MB\n".  Let me know if you have
> objections.

Looks good to me.

> > line  with  the  normal  U-Boot  design  philisophy  which  uses  the
> > memsize() function to automatically detect and adjust for the size of
> > memory  really  present on a board, allowing to use the same image on
> > differing configurations?
>
> Thanks for the info.  Some boards have fixed mem, some don't, but in
> either case I'll have to add this to my TODOLIST.

Even with fixed memory size the use of  memsize()  is  often  a  food
idea,  as  it  perorms  some  basic  memory  testing (see my previous
message to Timur).

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
I don't mind criticism. You know me. I've  never  been  one  to  take
offence  at  criticism. No one could say I'm the sort to take offence
at criticism -- Not twice, anyway. Not without blowing bubbles.
                                  - Terry Pratchett, _Witches Abroad_