[U-Boot-Users] Cleanup output of MPC83xx boards

Kim Phillips kim.phillips at freescale.com
Mon Aug 13 20:55:29 CEST 2007

On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 18:25:27 +0200
Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:

> Dear Kim,
>
> I would like to suggest to clean up the output printed by most
> MPC83xx boards a bit. What do you think about a patch like this one:

the problem is some boards spit out other memory diagnostic
information, such as:

---
   DDR DIMM: data bus width is 64 bit without ECC
   DDRC ECC mode: OFF
   SDRAM on Local Bus is NOT available!
---

I can abbreviate the above to have the entire DRAM line show something
like "DRAM: 64-bit, ECC off, 256MB\n".  Let me know if you have
objections.

> Also, if I understand this correctly, these  files  use  a  hardwired
> memory  size.  I this correct? Do you have any plans to bring this in

afaict, yes.

> line  with  the  normal  U-Boot  design  philisophy  which  uses  the
> memsize() function to automatically detect and adjust for the size of
> memory  really  present on a board, allowing to use the same image on
> differing configurations?

Thanks for the info.  Some boards have fixed mem, some don't, but in
either case I'll have to add this to my TODOLIST.

Kim