[U-Boot-Users] Using 'ver' env var

Ulf Samuelsson ulf at atmel.com
Tue Aug 14 20:18:28 CEST 2007

tis 2007-08-14 klockan 17:23 +0200 skrev Wolfgang Denk:
> In message <1187102431.13869.7.camel at elrond.sweden.atmel.com> you wrote:
> >
> > Ideally this should be in a script "reboot_cmd" which
> > gets executed at every reboot before anything else
> > is executed.
>
> I really don't understand why you make all this so complicated.
>
> I think we agree that all that needs to be done is running a single
> "saveenv" command once after installation of a new U-Boot image (which
> is supposed to never to happen in the field anyway).

The thread started with trying to solve the problem
with U-Boot beeing downloaded from Linux and then written
to the flash.

There is NOONE talking to the console after the reboot,
and the assumption is that Linux has not updated the environment.

Based on this: how do you sync the ver and the U-Boot version?

All your proposals are failing, since you assume that there
is a gremlin somehwere which starts toggling RXD.

BR
Ulf Samuelsson