[U-Boot-Users] CONFIG_PCI_PNP question

robert lazarski robertlazarski at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 23:23:00 CEST 2007

Hi all, I'm coding for my custom 8548 board that should be in my hands
any day now, using mpc8548cds as a reference. I notice that while the
cds boards pci_init_board() is a few hundred lines long, some boards
like the tqm85xx just wrap the function around pci_mpc85xx_init
(&hose) . The cds board does seem to have a lot of special case
features.

My question is, does it make sense to try pci plug-and-play first and
then think about something more complex like the cds pci_init_board()
? A lot of boards seem to be using PNP.

Thanks!
Robert