[U-Boot-Users] Remove the bios emulator binary files from MAI board

Jin Zhengxiong-R64188 Jason.Jin at freescale.com
Thu Aug 23 04:03:34 CEST 2007

I mean that my orignal patch include removing those binary files. but
the link can not display it.

> >  I've tried to make another patch to delete those binary files. But
> > this  patch is also large than the requirment. This time I
> tried put
> > the patch  itself on the link below, Please refer to it. Thanks.
>
> Umm... why is your patch that big? When I remove a file, I
> expect that the resulting "patch" takes only 3...4 lines per
> removed file, something like this:
>
> 	diff --git a/<file> b/<file>
> 	deleted file mode 100644
> 	index 5533346..0000000
> 	Binary files <file> and /dev/null differ
>
> Are you using git-diff to create the patch? If not, you
> should try that...

Usually, I use git-format-patch to create the patch and use git-apply
apply the patch.

Yes, git-diff can generate the patch like you descripted. but the patch
can not apply to the source by git-apply, I tried to use cg-patch to
apply this kind of patch, it can remove the binary files but can not
remove the empty directory.

Best Regards.
Jason