[U-Boot-Users] Remove the bios emulator binary files from MAI board

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Aug 22 18:20:03 CEST 2007

In message <11877796533041-git-send-email-Jason.jin at freescale.com> you wrote:

> As the patch was too large, I put it in a internal git development
> tree and listed the url link in the mail. The url link I listed was the
> 'plain' of the patch. It's no harm to common patch, but when there're
> binary files in the patch, the 'plain' can not display those binaries.
> So the patch you get from the 'plain' link may not include the binary
>  file deletion.

I'm afraid I don't really understand what that means.

>  I've tried to make another patch to delete those binary files. But this
>  patch is also large than the requirment. This time I tried put the patch
>  itself on the link below, Please refer to it. Thanks.

Umm... why is your patch that big? When I remove a file, I expect that
the resulting "patch" takes only 3...4 lines per removed file,
something like this:

	diff --git a/<file> b/<file>
	deleted file mode 100644
	index 5533346..0000000
	Binary files <file> and /dev/null differ

Are you using git-diff to create the patch? If not, you should try
that...

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
A dog always bit deepest on the veterinary hand.
                                    - Terry Pratchett, _Wyrd Sisters_