[U-Boot-Users] Protect an area in RAM

Markus Malmgren markus.malmgren at enea.com
Thu Aug 23 10:30:24 CEST 2007

Hi,

Many hardware manufactures provide their development platform with
u-boot. I was wondering if there is a feature (did not find anything) in
u-boot to protect a specific area in the RAM from being overwritten when
u-boot boots a microcontroller? The reason for this is that we store
debug information between restarts from our software and using u-boot
this is destroyed.

If this feature does not exist, one general solution would be to add a
system parameter in which areas that are not to be destroyed could be
added as a default feature of u-boot. Would this be a feature that
others need as well? If so I will start to investigate what could be
done.

Regards,

Markus