[U-Boot-Users] Problems using UART1 instead of UART0

Bob Grimes rsg.uboot at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 02:20:35 CEST 2007

Hi,

I finally got our custom board, and unfortunately, the hardware guy
seemed to have missed the message, and he's assigned the second
mcf5329 uart to the console!  Argh!

So I've tried changing CFG_UART_PORT from (0) to (1), but nothing
seems to happen.  I've traced into some of the code, and have
confirmed that the associated pins have been properly assigned to
UART1.  I'm having trouble determining anything more than that;
specifically, I've yet to find the serial init code, as it seems to
hang when setting the cpu clock speed.  Probably not too surprising I
can't debug through that code, but it doesn't seem to make it through.

Tsi Chung, have you tried this?

Back to the debugger, and code inspecting...

Thanks,
-Bob