[U-Boot-Users] Problems using UART1 instead of UART0

Liew Tsi Chung-r5aahp Tsi-chung.Liew at freescale.com
Fri Aug 24 04:06:39 CEST 2007

Bob,

To try the extra uart on M5329EVB, connect pin 78 uart1 rx and pin 77 uart1 tx, or pin 73 uart2 tx and pin 74 uar2 rx at J38. The signal is only TTL, you will need a transceiver to have it working.

As for your custom board, you might need to check your RCON configuration. It could have the RCON set at default value or other than value specified in M5329EVB.h. Try to use oscope to check on the pin 24 of BDM header first to find out the CPU clock speed. Then use that freq to calculate your bus clock. The uart baud rate is based on the bus clock. If the bus freq increase or descrease ~4Mhz, it will affect the baudrate output.

Regards,
TsiChung