[U-Boot-Users] Booting multi-file images with a FDT but no initrd

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Dec 4 16:28:24 CET 2007

In message <20071204150416.7aa7dda6 at seasc0532.dyn.rnd.as.sw.ericsson.se> you wrote:

> I'm using U-boot 1.3.0 to boot Linux on a Freescale MPC8349E-mITX, and
> I have a small issue with multi-file images. I use a device tree but no
> initrd, and I'm not quite sure how to boot the image in a good way. The
> image is created in this way:

In theory this should "just work", but  it  doesn't  at  the  moment.
There  are  plans  to  implement  a  more  flexible format for U-Boot
images, especially for  multi-file  images,  which  will  solve  this
problem.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
No journaling file system can recover your data if the disk dies.
                                 - Steve Rago in <D4Cw1p.L9E at plc.com>