[U-Boot-Users] Moving from arch/ppc to arch/powerpc

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 14:39:55 CET 2007

On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 09:16:41 +0000
"Richard Danter" <radanter at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Very quick question (I hope). I have U-Boot running on a board booting
> an arch/ppc kernel. The U-Boot version is pre-DTB. If I want DTB
> support in U-Boot, is it just a matter of re-compiling with a newer
> version of U-Boot or are there board-specific changes needed (assuming
> a DTB-supported CPU in use)?

I think Stefan has something started for U-Boot to use DTBs on PPC.
I'm not sure what the status of that is.  However, you should be able
to use an arch/powerpc kernel with the current version of U-Boot you
have.  The cuImage target for the kernel will build a kernel wrapped
with an embedded DTB.

josh