[U-Boot-Users] Moving from arch/ppc to arch/powerpc

Vitaly Bordug vitb at kernel.crashing.org
Mon Dec 10 15:10:55 CET 2007

On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 09:16:41 +0000
Richard Danter wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Very quick question (I hope). I have U-Boot running on a board booting
> an arch/ppc kernel. The U-Boot version is pre-DTB. If I want DTB
> support in U-Boot, is it just a matter of re-compiling with a newer
> version of U-Boot or are there board-specific changes needed (assuming
> a DTB-supported CPU in use)?

it should be pretty apparent (since many fsl boards and some amcc 4xx have all necessities already).

Normally,
+#define CONFIG_OF_LIBFDT 1
+#define CONFIG_OF_BOARD_SETUP 1
+#define OF_CPU "<your CPU node>"

should be enough, if you CPU family have necessary fdt hook-ups, or you may need add a few lines to
BSP code.

> Thanks
> Rich

Sincerely, Vitaly