[U-Boot-Users] Moving from arch/ppc to arch/powerpc

Clemens Koller clemens.koller at anagramm.de
Mon Dec 10 17:50:28 CET 2007

Hi, Richard!

Richard Danter schrieb:
 > Very quick question (I hope). I have U-Boot running on a board booting
 > an arch/ppc kernel. The U-Boot version is pre-DTB. If I want DTB
 > support in U-Boot, is it just a matter of re-compiling with a newer
 > version of U-Boot or are there board-specific changes needed (assuming
 > a DTB-supported CPU in use)?

Well, if you tell us what CPU you use, it might be possible
to give you some more details about the current status.

Example: I just moved my MPC8540ads compatible board from
arch/ppc to arch/powerpc with minor difficulties (mostly due
to my lack of experience with DT's).
I don't use an DT enabled u-boot yet, but it should also be
possible to do so. I still use the kernel-embedded DT
(cuImage) target here.

Regards,

Clemens Koller
R&D Imaging Devices