[U-Boot-Users] basic uboot questions
eoi.muneet at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 07:29:38 CET 2007
I am entirely new to uboot.
I had read the uboot manual and have a small grasp over it.
I am working on MPC8323E-RDB board.
I have following questions for you:-
1. Can we use uboot only for booting Linux?
2. Is the kernel necessary for the board or standalone application alone can
serve the purpose?
3. How big can be the size of standalone applications?
4. The uboot is already installed by manufacturer on my board, can i take
the backup of that from board?
5. For porting uboot to a board what cross compilation tools are required?
If ELDK can serve this purpose?
Plz do reply
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/basic-uboot-questions-tp14268637p14268637.html
Sent from the Uboot - Users mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
More information about the U-Boot