[U-Boot-Users] environment variable are not saving

Jerry Van Baren gerald.vanbaren at ge.com
Tue Dec 11 15:57:01 CET 2007

Pankaj PANDEY wrote:
> sorry i forget to explain full problem...actually when we modify any of
> environment variables and called "saveenv"  to save on flash  and than
> called  "reset"  and check modify environment value using "printenv"
> command than we are  are not able to do  get  modify environment value,
> it remain same as we hardcoded in u-boot-1.1.2 source code.
>
> Thanks
> Pankaj
>
> On Dec 11, 2007 6:42 PM, Jerry Van Baren <gerald.vanbaren at ge.com
> <mailto:gerald.vanbaren at ge.com>> wrote:
>
>     Pankaj PANDEY wrote:
>      > Hi Friends,
>      >
>      > I am working on u-boot-1.1.2   for Arm926ejs target board.
>      > Here, if i set the environment variables Ex:"setenv bootargs hello"
>      > Environment variables are not saving in flash.
>      > What was the problem and i am getting warnning message has " ***
>     Warning
>      > - bad CRC, using default environment"
>      >
>      > Please suggest any idea to resolve this issue.
>      >
>      > Thanks and Regards
>      > Pankaj Pandey
>
>     saveenv?
>
>     gvb

Hi Pankaj,

You need to debug your flash writing.  This is board and processor
specific, and I have basically no knowledge of either so I can only give
general guidance.

Try writing to flash using command line commands, erasing flash, etc.
Once that works, figure out where in flash your env is being saved...
see if anything is being saved there when you do the "saveenv", why it
isn't being saved or why it is being corrupted.

Also, please honor u-boot email list etiquette:
* HTML is not welcome on this list.
* Please bottom post.
* CC: the u-boot list on your replies or you won't get the benefit of
     the immense amount of talent that is subscribed to this list.

Best regards,
gvb