[U-Boot-Users] Problems Building u-boot-1.3.1

raptorbrino at aim.com raptorbrino at aim.com
Wed Dec 12 21:56:21 CET 2007

Hi All,

I'm having a problem building u-boot-1.3.1.  It complains when using the
host compiler to compile sha1.c because it doesn't know what the data
type
__u64 is.  This datatype is defined in u-boot/include/asm/types.h.
However,
I'm using cygwin, and it has the file /usr/include/asm/types.h.  The
types.h
file in cygwin does not define __u64.  Because the compile uses the flag
-idirafter, the cygwin types.h is used in the include, hence an unkown
symbol compile error.  I fixed this problem in my local build by adding
the
flag -ansi to CPPFLAGS in tools/makefile.  Is that appropriate or would
you
recommend fixing it another way??

Thanks,
Brian