[U-Boot-Users] Patches for 85xx question

robert lazarski robertlazarski at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 22:37:41 CET 2007

On Dec 12, 2007 4:15 PM, David Hawkins <dwh at ovro.caltech.edu> wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>
> > thanks for this excellent community and all the help we received so far,
>
> So does this mean you've managed to get Linux up and
> running, no memory issues, etc? Congratulations!
>
> Cheers,
> Dave

Hey thanks, what a long strange trip its been ;-) .

For the memory issues, we found a memory chip (Micro 533MHZ) that
works 95% of the time, and the hardware guys are working with
Freescale support for our second revision, and in fact have already
improved things considerably on other chips. That's good enough to
continue the project ;-) .

The PCI issues were resolved also by hardware, via using "Asynchronous
mode" instead of "Synchronous mode", thereby routing CLKOUT to
PCI1_CLK. See the "4.4.3.17 PCI Clock Selection" section if
interested.

So the latest 2.6.24RCx kernel's now booting, and all that's left is a
few driver issues. That and submitting patches ;-) .

Cheers,
Robert