[U-Boot-Users] POST tests without OCM

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Mon Dec 17 07:53:35 CET 2007

On Saturday 15 December 2007, Craig Millen wrote:
> Yes I am using the 440EP.  I was referring to all the code in
> cpu/ppc4xx/commproc.c, like this section:
>
> #if defined(CONFIG_POST) || defined(CONFIG_LOGBUFFER)
> void post_word_store (ulong a)
> {
> 	volatile void *save_addr = (volatile void *)(CFG_OCM_DATA_ADDR +
> CFG_POST_WORD_ADDR);
> 	*(volatile ulong *) save_addr = a;
> }
>
> ulong post_word_load (void)
> {
> 	volatile void *save_addr = (volatile void *)(CFG_OCM_DATA_ADDR +
> CFG_POST_WORD_ADDR);
> 	return *(volatile ulong *) save_addr;
> }

Yes, I was referring to this code too.

> There are a few more functions in there that refer to the OCM.
> What/where is the unused GPT that you are talking about?

GPT == General Purpose Timer. For example the GPT0_COMP6 register. But this is
of course application/OS dependant. Could be that your application (Linux
etc) is using this GPT register. But I doubt it.

BTW: We have an ACK from AMCC that the content of these registers is retained
even during reset.

Best regards,
Stefan

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de