[U-Boot-Users] 4xx ethernet bringup

shami Allam shamiuboot at yahoo.co.in
Fri Dec 21 13:11:01 CET 2007

Thanks for the information. But I read some where that for the Lab testing purpose that I can give the IP address!!!!!
  I am able to read the PHY inforamtion by command mii info 0x01<PHY Addr>. Following is the info....
=> mii info 0x01
PHY_PHYIDR2 @ 0x1 = 0x5c90
PHY_PHYIDR[1,2] @ 0x1 = 0x20005c90
PHY_BMCR value is 0x2100
PHY 0x01: OUI = 0x80017, Model = 0x09, Rev = 0x00, 100baseT, FDX
=>
  But my Link LED is not glowing at all. Always my Link status shows "Not Active" can anyone throw some light for me.....
  Regards,
Shami...

Stefan Roese <sr at denx.de> wrote:
  Hi Shami,

On Thursday 20 December 2007, shami Allam wrote:
> I assigned the ethaddr as 192.168.13.246 and after that i run the command
> "saveenv " and reset the board.

As Wolfgang already mentioned, this is *not* an ethernet address but an IP
address.

> I got the following Net: ppc_4xx_eth0. once
> i get the shell prompt i assign the ipaddr as 192.168.13.241 and after that
> i run the command "saveenv" and reset the board. Now i tried to ping my
> Host PC which has the IP address as 192.168.13.240, i am getting the
> following error.....I am not able to ping the host IP. Can you please show
> some way to come of this issue..... => ping 192.168.13.240
> Trying ppc_4xx_eth0
> PHY speed read failed, assuming 10bT
> PHY duplex read failed, assuming half duplex
> ENET Speed is 10 Mbps - HALF duplex connection

Did you configure the PHY address correctly? What does "mii info" show? how
did you configure the PHY address in your board config file?

Best regards,
Stefan

DENX Software Engineering GmbH, MD: Wolfgang Denk & Detlev Zundel
Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80 Email: office at denx.de