[U-Boot-Users] Pull request: u-boot-freebsd

Rafal Jaworowski raj at semihalf.com
Thu Dec 27 18:29:49 CET 2007

Dear Wolfgang,

you wrote:
>>> This adds a lot of code to the networking code which is not neede dby
>>> most of the boards. Please make this an optional feature that get's
>>> only compiled in for boards that explicitely request it. Then run this
>>> patch separately through the network custodian.
>> I already sent this patch to Ben and the list some time ago and got an initial
>> ACK, but I'll re-spin with.
>
> Even is Ben ACKed this patch, it should go through *his*  repository,
> not  your's  (which  is  supposed  to contain FreeBSD related changes
> only).

Yes, I know what you mean, although it's not always that sharp in case of
cross-functional areas changes. Also, assuming such purely orthogonal
development model may bring unnecessary burden and delays when a greater
number of areas (and custodians) is involved: individual changes need to be
processed by responsible custodians, merging should happen in order and so on.
Just my thoughts :) But I can wait for Ben, no problem.

kind regards,
Rafal