[U-Boot-Users] Please pull 85xx

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Thu Dec 27 19:22:50 CET 2007

On Thursday 27 December 2007, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> > That can be very hard sometimes. Please note that I had the same problem
> > and also included the libfdt changes from Kumar into the 4xx for-1.3.2
> > branch, since this brings all this fdt work to a very nice status.
> > Without it, it is nearly impossible to do any decent fdt stuff anymore.
> > And since you didn't pull the changes from Jerry into the master or
> > testing repository at that time, we *had* to do something to have a
> > chance to get the stuff ready for merging within the merge window.
>
> But when you pull any other repository into your tree, you leave me no
> option wether I want to accept this repo as iis or request changes or
> if I want to omit parts of it for one reason or another.
>
> When I'm pulling the libfdt repo, I will check what's in there, but
> when I pull the 4xx repo, I do NOT want to have to check any other
> repo in parallel, too.

If I understand this correctly, then recent git versions are capable of
handling such cases without problems. Meaning pulling patches from another
repo, that are allready present should cause no problems.

> Sorry, if there are such dependencies, then please drop me a note and
> we will find a way to dort it out. YOu know that I will try  to  help
> if somebody has a reasonable request.

I did ask you once or twice about this fdt repo, but I should have have been
more insistant.

> The current situation is not acceptable to me. The custodian  reposi-
> tories  are supposed to be strictly orthogonal to each other. If they
> are not, I will refuse to pull.

Right. Generally I share this opinion. All this is probably something we have
to "learn" in the next few merge windows.

I'll try to remove the already commited fdt patches from my repo and merge
with mainline before asking you to pull from the 4xx repo. OK?

Best regards,
Stefan

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de