[U-Boot-Users] Please pull 85xx

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Dec 27 18:04:45 CET 2007

In message <200712271701.09072.sr at denx.de> you wrote:

> That can be very hard sometimes. Please note that I had the same problem and
> also included the libfdt changes from Kumar into the 4xx for-1.3.2 branch,
> since this brings all this fdt work to a very nice status. Without it, it is
> nearly impossible to do any decent fdt stuff anymore. And since you didn't
> pull the changes from Jerry into the master or testing repository at that
> time, we *had* to do something to have a chance to get the stuff ready for
> merging within the merge window.

But when you pull any other repository into your tree, you leave me no
option wether I want to accept this repo as iis or request changes or
if I want to omit parts of it for one reason or another.

When I'm pulling the libfdt repo, I will check what's in there, but
when I pull the 4xx repo, I do NOT want to have to check any other
repo in parallel, too.

Sorry, if there are such dependencies, then please drop me a note and
we will find a way to dort it out. YOu know that I will try  to  help
if somebody has a reasonable request.

The current situation is not acceptable to me. The custodian  reposi-
tories  are supposed to be strictly orthogonal to each other. If they
are not, I will refuse to pull.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
PoB = "Prisoner of Bill" -- those held captive, unwillingly or other-
wise, by the contemptible Microsoft monopoly.
         -- Tom Christiansen in <6abo45$3lc$2 at csnews.cs.colorado.edu>