[U-Boot-Users] Please pull 85xx

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Thu Dec 27 17:01:08 CET 2007

On Thursday 27 December 2007, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> > This includes current changes in the libfdt testing branch, as they are
> > required for the 85xx changes to work.  If we need to rework this a
> > different way, let me know.  I'm not afraid of rebasing.
>
> I really hate such pull requests  that  include  changes  from  other
> repositories like yours is doing.
>
> If you need the libfdt stuff, fine, please use it for your work, but
> do not include this into the branch you request me to pull from.

That can be very hard sometimes. Please note that I had the same problem and
also included the libfdt changes from Kumar into the 4xx for-1.3.2 branch,
since this brings all this fdt work to a very nice status. Without it, it is
nearly impossible to do any decent fdt stuff anymore. And since you didn't
pull the changes from Jerry into the master or testing repository at that
time, we *had* to do something to have a chance to get the stuff ready for
merging within the merge window.

I am aware that you didn't find the time to do this at that time, but we had
to act to not miss the merge window with all our changes. So please
understand why we did it this way (Andy, please correct me if I don't speak
for you here).

Best regards,
Stefan

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de