[U-Boot-Users] BMW Platform, PPCBoot version 1.2.0

Vasu Dev Dasari vasudev_dasari at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 8 01:05:58 CET 2007

Hi,

I am using BMW platform with PPCBoot version 1.2.0. I
am seeing a very strange behavior after system
powerup.

1. After powering up the target, it goes into
auto-boot mode. I configured it to use tftp to
download an image file. Unfortunately I entered some
wrong parameters in the environment variables. So, I
wanted to correct them.

2. When the system is auto-booting, I pressed Ctrl-C
system takes me to a prompt. Then I tried to set the
variable. After this operation, entire environment
variables disappear.

3. I am including my console output here. I am not
sure how to come out this either. Plese help me.

------------

PPCBoot 1.2.0 (Oct 22 2003 - 13:42:10)

CPU:   MPC8245 Revision 16.20 at 198 MHz: 16 kB
I-Cache 16 kB D-Cache
Board: BMW MPC8245/KAHLUA2 - CHRP (MAP B)
Built: Oct 22 2003 at 13:42:01
Local Bus at 100 MHz
DRAM:  64 MB
FLASH:  1 MB
DiskOnChip(TM): 32MB found at address 0xff000000
In:    serial
Out:   serial
Err:   serial
Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0