[U-Boot-Users] AT91 NAND om AT91SAM9260EK

Ulf Samuelsson ulf at atmel.com
Thu Feb 8 20:25:38 CET 2007

Michel Benoit skrev:
> Good morning!
>
> What version of the AT91SAM9260EK u-boot code are you referring to?
>
> I am using u-boot-1.1.5_atmel_1.2  from the Atmel ftp site.
> Is there a more recent version available?  Are there any plans to add
> the at91sam9260ek support to the main branch of u-boot (latest version
> 1.2).

The Atmel U-Boot for the AT91SAM9260/1/3 chips uses a common
driver for dataflash.  This is located in the "drivers/at45.c"
If the Atmel U-boot patches are installed, it will break the
"board/at91rm9200dk" and "board/cmc_pu2" since it duplicates
the functionality.
Additional boards coming from Atmel will use the same dataflash driver.
The "board/at91rm9200dk/at45.c" functionality is split
into a CPU dependent part located in "cpu/arm926ejs/at91sam926x/spi.c"
and the "board/at45.c" file.

I tried to start the process of merging with mainstream U-boot
by sending in a patch which split the at45.c located in
board/at91rm9200dk into
* drivers/at45.c
* cpu/arm920t/at91rm9200/spi.c
but I have no feedback.

Peter Pearse which will be responsible for maintaining the ARM part
is not up to speed yet, and noone else seems to be interested.

There has been a discussion about how dataflash should be supported
but the things people do not like are not in this file, they
are in the "board/dataflash.c" file so I have no clue
why nothing is happening.

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson                ulf at atmel.com
Atmel Nordic AB
Mail:  Box 2033, 174 02 Sundbyberg, Sweden
Visit:  Kavallerivägen 24, 174 58 Sundbyberg, Sweden
Phone +46 (8) 441 54 22     Fax +46 (8) 441 54 29
GSM    +46 (706) 22 44 57

Technical support when I am not available:
AT90 AVR Applications Group: mailto:avr at atmel.com
AT91 ARM Applications Group: mailto:at91support at atmel.com
links: www.avrfreaks.net; www.at91.com; avr32linux.org