[U-Boot-Users] AT91 NAND om AT91SAM9260EK

Haavard Skinnemoen hskinnemoen at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 21:58:03 CET 2007

On 2/8/07, Ulf Samuelsson <ulf at atmel.com> wrote:
> Additional boards coming from Atmel will use the same dataflash driver.

Hopefully including any AVR32 boards featuring DataFlash.

> The "board/at91rm9200dk/at45.c" functionality is split
> into a CPU dependent part located in "cpu/arm926ejs/at91sam926x/spi.c"
> and the "board/at45.c" file.
>
> I tried to start the process of merging with mainstream U-boot
> by sending in a patch which split the at45.c located in
> board/at91rm9200dk into
> * drivers/at45.c
> * cpu/arm920t/at91rm9200/spi.c

Any chance the SPI driver could move into drivers/ as well? The
at32ap7000 has pretty much the same SPI hardware built in, and IMO
there shouldn't really be anything chip-specific about it apart from
pin configuration, register base address and interrupt line (if it
even uses that.)

I'm willing to review the driver if you send it inline as a single
patch, and perhaps help you clean it up as well, if needed. Please Cc
hskinnemoen at atmel.com so I receive it in my mail client at work.

> There has been a discussion about how dataflash should be supported
> but the things people do not like are not in this file, they
> are in the "board/dataflash.c" file so I have no clue
> why nothing is happening.

It could have something to do with the tarball submission format not
being particularly reviewer-friendly...

Haavard