[U-Boot-Users] AT91 NAND om AT91SAM9260EK

Haavard Skinnemoen hskinnemoen at gmail.com
Sat Feb 10 00:42:27 CET 2007

On 2/10/07, Ulf Samuelsson <ulf at atmel.com> wrote:
> The number of users far outweisghs the number of implementers
> and I think that we need to look at it from their point of view.

Would help a lot to have some of those users help with testing though.

> We are not introducing any new interfaces here,
> just using the existing interfaces.
> This means that it will not be harder to do any modifications
> *after* the sam926x patches are applied.
> It will be easier since you have better overview.

Whatever. Please let me know when you're ready to continue.

> The only alternative I can see is that you take over
> the responsibility for both AVR32 and AT91 U-boot
> and test all modifications on all boards before submission
> - Still with availability of working solution as the highest priority.

I don't think that's going to happen. Besides, having the same person
implement and test the code usually doesn't work very well anyway, so
if we're going to do this we need people willing to test
probably-working-but-still-experimental stuff.

I'm of course not saying that I can't be bothered to test my
modifications before submitting, but relying on me to implement _and_
test everything on all configurations is just insane.

Haavard