[U-Boot-Users] AT91 NAND om AT91SAM9260EK

Ulf Samuelsson ulf at atmel.com
Sat Feb 10 01:10:55 CET 2007

> On 2/10/07, Ulf Samuelsson <ulf at atmel.com> wrote:
>> The number of users far outweisghs the number of implementers
>> and I think that we need to look at it from their point of view.
>
> Would help a lot to have some of those users help with testing though.
>
>> We are not introducing any new interfaces here,
>> just using the existing interfaces.
>> This means that it will not be harder to do any modifications
>> *after* the sam926x patches are applied.
>> It will be easier since you have better overview.
>
> Whatever. Please let me know when you're ready to continue.

I am ready to continue as soon as at45_split is applied.
It is a real simple patch, it divides one more or less duplicated file into
two files.

If I try to apply any sam926x patches without that,
then It will crash the at91rm9200dk and cmc_pu2 board support.

Once this patch is applied, I can submit the at91sam926x patches
and if/when they are accepted, then we have accomplished the most
important goal to Atmel customers,
which is that *tested* sam926x support is available from the primary
U-Boot location and that you can build both at91 and avr32
from the same source code.

I consider all other activities secondary.

Best Regards
Ulf Samuelsson                ulf at atmel.com
Atmel Nordic AB
Mail:  Box 2033, 174 02 Sundbyberg, Sweden
Visit:  Kavallerivägen 24, 174 58 Sundbyberg, Sweden
Phone +46 (8) 441 54 22     Fax +46 (8) 441 54 29
GSM    +46 (706) 22 44 57

Technical support when I am not available:
AT89 C51 Applications Group: mailto:micro.hotline at nto.atmel.com
AT90 AVR Applications Group: mailto:avr at atmel.com
AT91 ARM Applications Group: mailto:at91support at atmel.com
FPSLIC Application Group: mailto:fpslic at atmel.com Best AVR