[U-Boot-Users] Problem with TFTP in u-boot 1.1.4

Javier Gracia Castro javier.graciacastro at tut.fi
Sun Feb 11 16:06:51 CET 2007

Hi,

I am new at embedded design and I have some problems with u-boots.

I downloaded a patched version of the u-boot 1.1.4 for the board
AT91RM9200EK from a FTP Atmel site. To run it I had to make some
changes in the configuration file of the u-boot source code
at91rm9200ek.h. Basically this changes were about to define the
CONFIG_SKIP_LOWLEVEL_INIT, CFG_ENV_IS_IN_FLASH instead of dataflash
and other values related to the Flash memory addresses. I only
modified this file.

When I crosscompile it with a cross toolchain from codesourcery,
everything goes well and once downloaded in the board everything works
perfectly. However one thing doesn't work. When I try to download
image files using TFTP protocol it doesn't work, it seems like
disabled, a lot of unsuccessful tries and bad checksums. The IP
addresses of the board and of my PC are corrects and the ethernet
cables are plugged. When I remove this u-boot and I download the
u-boot image file provided with the Atmel CD and try to use TFTP
without changing the IP addresses, everything works fine.

I don't know how to solve this problem. If someone knows, please let me know.

Thanks,

Javier