[U-Boot-Users] SATA patch.

mushtaq khan mushtaq_k at procsys.com
Thu Feb 22 08:42:53 CET 2007

Hi,

I have attach a patch, for a SATA controller of Intel processor with
South Bridge ICH5, ICH6 and ICH7. These chipset's don't support AHCI,
and so you cann't use the driver ahci.c in u-boot code.
I have divided the code into two files, functions which are controller
specifc are kept in ata-piix.c under directory drivers(this is with
reference to ata-piix driver in kernel). And functions which are common
to Sata controllers are kept in cmd_sata.c, under directory common (this
is with reference to libata in kernel and cmd_ide.c in u-boot).

Thanks,
Mushtaq khan.