[U-Boot-Users] SATA patch.

Ben Warren bwarren at qstreams.com
Thu Feb 22 15:31:07 CET 2007

Mushtaq,

On Thu, 2007-02-22 at 13:12 +0530, mushtaq khan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have attach a patch, for a SATA controller of Intel processor with
> South Bridge ICH5, ICH6 and ICH7. These chipset's don't support AHCI,
> and so you cann't use the driver ahci.c in u-boot code.
> I have divided the code into two files, functions which are controller
> specifc are kept in ata-piix.c under directory drivers(this is with
> reference to ata-piix driver in kernel). And functions which are common
> to Sata controllers are kept in cmd_sata.c, under directory common (this
> is with reference to libata in kernel and cmd_ide.c in u-boot).
>
> Thanks,
> Mushtaq khan.

I started reading through this and quickly gave up.  Please address the
following before re-submitting:

1.  General coding standards violations:
	line lengths < 78 characters
	No '#if 0' or '#if 1'
	Keep blank lines to a readable minimum
	No C++ style comments
	blah, blah, blah - read the guidelines

2.  The only files you should send are patches.  The others are
superfluous.  Changelog isn't necessary and the other one should either
be in the e-mail or as a README

3.  Please use a .diff or .patch filename extension.  Text editors often
key syntax highlighting and other things from extensions.

Please read the following.  It will help you format your submission.

http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/everyday.html

regards,
Ben