[U-Boot-Users] [patch] drop special case for ppc hosts

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Jan 8 16:15:52 CET 2007

In message <200701080825.57752.vapier at gentoo.org> you wrote:

> > ... then define CROSS_COMPILE as empty string,
> > i. e. use the native PPC compiler.
>
> how does that make sense ?  the logic is "if you are on a ppc host, then
> regardless of your target, use the native ppc compiler"

Argh.. of course you are right.

This is a remnant from the time when this was still  called  PPCBoot,
i. e. when PPC was the only supported target architecture.

I think the test should be changed into

	ifndef CROSS_COMPILE
	ifeq ($(HOSTARCH),$(ARCH))
	CROSS_COMPILE =
	else

Then we can also drop the other special case, i. e. get rid of this:

	ifeq ($(HOSTARCH),i386)
	CROSS_COMPILE =
	else

Does this work for you?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Use C++ to confuse your enemies; use C to produce stable code.